Monday, October 29, 2012

Going on Hiatus

Hey Everyone,

     I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going on hiatus for a while. Before anyone freaks out, no I have not lost my love for Old Hollywood. As a matter of fact I've just started getting interested in a lot more Old Hollywood stars that I never thought about before. And I haven't stopped loving writing. Writing is a part of me, that will never change. But I've been writing here on In the Mood and watching oldies for nearly two years and I need a break. A break to gather my thoughts, and to elicit some inspiration from the world. Some time to widen my horizons a bit. 
     Sometimes - and I know other bloggers have this problem - it's not the blogger keeping the blog, it's the blog keeping the blogger. And you get into this state where you feel if you don't come up with something brilliant you're letting someone down. So, sometimes you need to take a break and just completely cut yourself off until you get your mind back in the right spot. Which is what I'm doing.
     The same thing is happening to me with watching Old Movies, no, I'll never stop loving them; but it's like I've gotten to this point where I feel bad if I watch anything else. So I have to slap myself back into reality and say "Nat, if you don't want to watch Marie Antoinette and you want to watch Hidalgo instead GO DO IT!" In any case it's not getting rid of Old Hollywood, only like I said, widening my horizons. 

    Also, if any of you ever read "Lovely Nonsensities", my personal blog, I deleted it this morning. In addition to my Movie Watching/Blogging life, my real life has been all mixed up for me and just trying to be teenager, a teenager who isn't normal (ha!); and trying to decide what I want to do and who I want to be has been annoying me. Sooo... I decided I needed something fresh and brand new, something that I could make completely me (without pretenses and without expectations) something to kick-start a lot of other changes I'm trying to make in my life. That fresh thing is: But It Was

So, there we go. Maybe you didn't need such a long explanation, but I'll see you all in a while!

~Until Later On

13 comments:

  1. Good for you, Natalie! It's good to mix things up once in awhile. I've been watching some of the less-gory modern Halloween movies on TV lately (which edits out the R-rated stuff), and haven't watched classics for a few days. Don't feel guilty - enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Cheryl!! <3

      Delete
  2. Good luck Natalie, good on you for taking the time out to refresh and getting your joy back in what you do. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it, Natalie! Enjoy your life, clear your head, watch what you want to. I think it's vital to know when you need a break and to take it. And of course, we support you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, you guys are all so supportive. I love you guys. Thanks a million, Rachel.

      Delete
  4. Ditto what they all said.
    Until I listened to a classic radio show while raking leaves I hadn't watched or listened to anything "classic" for at least 2-5 weeks. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Dan! God Bless you too.

      Delete
  5. Even if you really love something, sometimes you just need to step away from it for a little while. Nothing wrong with that, I know I've been there before. Enjoy your break and I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so feel free to leave one! <3