Guess what?! It's February 10th! And guess what else?! Natalie's back! Whether you want her or not, this girl is back to haunt the blogosphere and fill your minds with whatever sort of holy Classic Hollywood rubbish she feels like. mwahaha!
I'm back on line early because it's not half as difficult to settle into a foreign country as I thought it would be. And despite what I first believed I have plenty of time to write! It gets dark here around 7:30PM so after that I'm practically free to do whatever I please [and fill your minds with whatever sort of holy Classic Hollywood rubbish I feel like, but we've been over that already]. The reviews will be fewer and farther between because of my lack of super good internet connection and therefore lack of streaming/youtube ability; but I will still be here posting other things, and I actually have about 20 classic movies so I'll spread reviews of those out this year.
Now, done with introductions, my good friend, Rianna of Frankly, My Dear made a survey! I've been waiting forever and a day for her to do it, so I'm really glad it's finally here!
1. Favorite classic Disney?Cinderella (1950)! "A dream is a wish your heart makes when it's fast asleep, in dreams you will lose your heartaches".... le sigh.
2. Favorite film from the year 1939?
I'm going to be super biased right here and say "Union Pacific", but I also love "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington".
3. Favorite Carole Lombard Screwball role?
"My Man Godfrey", for I adore Irene Bullock … and I really want to be adopted by the whole crazy Bullock family …
4. Favorite off screen couple? (It’s ok if it ended in divorce.)
Hmmm…. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Bob and Missy. <3 IN COLOUR!
5. Favorite pair of best friends? (i.e: Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford)
So, Ray Milland and Barbara Stanwyck may not have been best friends, but ‘Reggie’ and ‘Ruby’ are definitely my favorite classic Hollywood amigos.
6. Favorite actor with a mustache?
Errol Flynn…although he did not always have one.
7. Favorite blonde actress?
Blondie!!! [Joan Blondell]. <3
8. Favorite pre-code?
Baby Face (1933)I really like 1931’s Night Nurse – forbidden Hollywood and all that TCM-box-set jazz... By the way, I actually do like "Baby Face" [mostly the ending], but it's so pre-code! I mean, too pre-code for my poor heart to accept it as a decent answer.
9. Which studio would you have liked to join?
Either RKO when Fred and Ginger and Missy were there or Paramount in the early 40s when Missy was doing The Lady Eve and other such perfection.
10. Favorite common on screen pairing that SHOULD have gotten married?Fred and Ginger
11. Favorite I Love Lucy episode?
I, sadly, do not watch half as much Lucy as I should, so I’m going to give the most unimaginative answer possible and say the vitameatavegamin episode. “And it’s so tasty, too! Just like candy…” or something like that.
12. Out of these actresses which one do you like best: Lucille Ball, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie Wood, Audrey Hepburn, Greer Garson, Grace Kelly, or Katharine Hepburn?
Sadly, mon amie Rianna and I share no favorite actresses, BUT I really like Grace Kelly and Lucy Ball [then again, who doesn’t love Lucy?].
13. Shadowy film noir from the 1940’s or splashy colorful musicals from the 1950’s?
FILM NOIR!!! My morbid side [yes, I have a morbid side] just cannot help loving all the suspense and the fatal females and the murder and the blonde wigs and …Double Indemnity, for the win.
14. Actor or actress with the best autograph (photo preferred).
I really love Olivia de Havilland’s autograph.Livvie's block at Grauman's.
15. A baby (or childhood, or teenage) photo of either your favorite actress or actor (or both, if you’d like.)
Missy was the cutest baby ever.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Rianna for doing this survey!! Frankly, My Dear, it was lots and lots of fun.
Until Later On~